•Some people report decreased cravings and less drive to overeat when they change their diet in the following ways.
- Study by Louisiana State University showed that adults aged 25 – 60 who ate 2 eggs for breakfast instead of a bagel for 2 months lost 65% more weight and had more energy throughout day. Merchants.
- Always eat protein in the morning for breakfast as it stimulates your metabolism and helps your body burn calories at a faster rate.
- Another study showed that sedentary obese women lost about 5 times more weight (40 lbs in 8 months) eating a big breakfast consisting of protein and whole grains.
High-Fructose Corn Syrup
“None of the normal controls on appetite is triggered when you eat foods or beverages containing high-fructose corn syrup. You stay hungry and keep eating more.” Mark Hyman, MD Ultra-Metabolism
Artificial sweeteners make your body produce insulin by making it think sugar is on the way. As a consequence, your body tells you to eat sugar to balance your insulin level … This whole pattern disrupts your appetite control system .
Calcium can help you lose weight. Research shows that calcium intake goes up. Body weight and body fat go down (1200 mg per day along with low calories intake.) Low fat fruit yogurt cottage cheese, fruit smoothie with frozen yogurt and skim milk, broccoli, black-eyed peas.
- Recently, a University of Tennessee study found that people who ate a daily 1,200 milligrams (mg) of calcium from dairy lost an average of 24 pounds, or 11 percent of their total body weight.
- “When you don’t have enough calcium in your diet, you’re more efficient at making fat and less efficient at breaking down fat, causing a bigger, fatter fat cell,” says lead researcher Michael Zemel, Ph.D.
- Almonds are a nutrient-dense food that provides healthful monounsaturated fat, protein, and fiber, which together contribute to feeling full.
As Long As You Aren’t Obsessive About It…
Time was, experts said to stay off the scale it can be discouraging. But after studying 3,500 individuals from the National Weight Control Registry (NWCR) who’ve maintained 60 or more pounds of weight loss for at least a year, researchers found that 44 percent weighed themselves daily.
How much protein?
Experts say you should get enough protein to equal half of out body weight in grams. So if weight 140 pounds, you should get 70 grams of protein/day to prevent form losing lean muscle mass which can lower your metabolism.
Choice For Hypnosis, New Hampshire’s Mind-Body Solution is here to help you change your eating habits if you find it too difficult to do on your own. Just email me at:
Choice For Hypnosis New Hampshire’s Mind-Body Solution
Tracey Letitia Tullis, M.Ed. Certified Hypnotherapist
10 Holbrook Road, Bedford, NH 03110